Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Toothbrush Safari

Bed time routines...they make my life easier. Most of the time. Snack, change the diaper and into jammies, pick up toys, brush teeth, cuddle time, and into bed.

Only, brushing a two year old's teeth isn't always easy. Especially when she gets bored about 10 seconds into the brushing. And then she wants to do it herself...which means most of the toothpaste winds up on her cheeks instead of her teeth.

Now, every night, we have added a Safari to our bed time routine. A special jungle safari in her mouth. The Little Diva starts getting bored, I get excited and tell her that I see an elephant in her mouth and I have to brush it out. A few seconds later I tell her to say "AH!" When she opens her mouth I tell I see a monkey. Or a Jaguar. Or a Crocodile. With each animal we brush really fast to get it out. And she loves it. 

After I feel her teeth are fairly well brushed I let her brush the animals out of her mouth herself. And she comes up with her own set of animals to brush out. Brushing the teeth is no longer a battle but now a fun adventure.

I can't remember where I read this night saving tip...but to whomever it was that came up with the ingenious idea. Thank You!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment