Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Wordless Wednesday...with Words

So, I love Wordless Wednesday...unfortunately, I have a penchant for words; I will, however, try to keep this from getting to wordy. BTW- this was supposed go up last Wednesday. But my husband is on block leave and spending time with him was just a tad more important than blogging. Ok, maybe more than just a tad!


Jeremiah and I on our date, taking a moment to remember the Heroes who made it possible!

(Just consider this a preface for Wordless Wednesday) Memorial Day this year turned into "Date Day" for my husband and me. Our third CHILDLESS date in nearly nine months. I could not, despite my excitement, forget the import of the day. Both of my Grandpas as well as my parents served in the military. So many Service Members have given their lives for us to enjoy a day that most spend grilling out and shopping or just spending family time (not that any of those things are bad) that I felt a need to take time to remember them, to honor them.

We came across this incredible exhibit put on by Clover Park High School in Lakewood, WA. They recreated the Arlington National Cemetery using white sticks that had handwritten names of some of the heroes that have lost their lives serving our Country. It was touching and heartbreaking at the same time. It made me proud to be a part of this community, to have the heritage that I have, to have a husband who is currently serving - just to be an American. I wish every High School would do the same. I think it could have a huge impact on our country for so many to see the life sacrifices that have been made.

But, enough of my wordiness...let the pictures tell their own story!


The Arlington Cemetery Project: Honoring America's Fallen (Operation Iraqi Freedom & Enduring Freedom)


There were several that had flowers



It was very meticulously set up

A broader view...there are over 2000 fallen heroes honored here!



~ This one speaks for itself ~


(p.s. please read the article in the hyperlink above as well - just make sure you have a kleenex...or two!)

No comments:

Post a Comment